Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must not make any booking unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. References to “us”, “we” and/or “our” in these booking terms and conditions shall mean Spicers Retreats, Hotels & Lodges.
These terms and conditions apply to bookings you make with us over the phone, via chat, via email, in-person or online.
We will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking and that person will bind all such travellers to these terms and conditions.
Our Change and Cancellation Fees
Subject to your refund and remedy rights under the Australian Consumer Law, the following change and cancellation fees apply to all bookings (including online bookings and bookings made over the phone, via chat by email or in-person):
For our regional retreats:
- Date changes or booking cancellations to confirmed bookings made between 30 days and 15 days prior to arrival will incur a 50% amendment/cancellation fee.
- Date changes or booking cancellations to confirmed bookings within 14 days of arrival will incur a 100% amendment/cancellation fee.
For our retreats in Brisbane and Sydney:
- Date changes or booking cancellations to confirmed bookings made up to 3 days prior to arrival will not incur an amendment/cancellation fee.
- Date changes or booking cancellations to confirmed bookings within 48 hours of arrival will incur a 100% amendment/cancellation fee.
COVID-19 affected bookings:
- Should travel restrictions be implemented by the government and travel across borders or intrastate be restricted, any booking cancellations or amendments made between 30 days and 4 days prior to arrival will be given a 12 month travel credit to use at the same retreat. If a cancellation or amendment is received within 72 hours prior to arrival, a 100% cancellation fee will apply. We do recommend travel insurance is taken by our guests for all retreat stays.
- GUESTS TRAVELLING FROM GREATER BRISBANE: If you are travelling from the Greater Brisbane region including Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands please call us on 13 77 42.
Scenic Rim Trail
Any date changes made to a Scenic Rim Trail booking prior to 91 days before a departure date will not incur any amendment fees. For any booking cancellations made prior to 91 days before a departure date, a full refund will be given. Any date changes or cancellations to a Scenic Rim Trail booking received within 90 days prior to a departure date will incur a 100% amendment/cancellation fee.
Should travel restrictions be implemented by the government and travel across borders or intrastate be restricted, any booking cancellations made between 90 days and 7 days prior to a departure date will be given a 12 month travel credit to use toward another walk departure. If a booking cancellation is received within 7 days prior to a departure date, a 100% cancellation fee will apply. We do recommend travel insurance is taken by our guests for all walk departures.
We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover your travel arrangements. Your insurance protection should include cover for cancellation, medical and repatriation expenses, personal injury and accident, death and loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance.
You must ensure that you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to your travel.
All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The prices quoted over the phone, via chat by email or in-person are valid for 48 hours, subject to change thereafter. Availability can change at any time. To proceed with this reservation and secure your booking we require a 100% deposit.
To the extent permitted by law, neither Spicers Retreats, Hotels & Lodges nor any of its related bodies corporate, directors, employees or agents accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part. Under circumstances where our liability cannot be excluded and where liability may be lawfully limited, such liability is limited to the remedies required of us under applicable law (including the Australian Consumer Law). This liability clause is subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Please advise any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special meals, room type or disabled access.
If any dispute arises between you and us, the laws of Australia will apply. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
These terms were last updated on 5 January 2021.