HINTS and TIPS
- Attach your most current resume, ensuring it is an accurate representation of your career to date
- Accurately respond to all job application questions
- Provide accurate contact details – this includes your email address and mobile number
- Detail your relevant experience and highlight any achievements – be proud of what you have achieved and tell us all about it!
- Be presentable and punctual to interview – remember, hospitality is a guest facing industry. We take pride in our appearance.
- Be prepared to provide examples that you have been involved in that demonstrate your skills and experience – this could include situations or projects you have been involved in
- Be knowledgeable, prepare yourself and gain knowledge on Spicers Retreats. Research and learn who we are and what you know about the brand
- Express your passion! We LOVE to hear how much you enjoy your work as much as we do! We love listening to like minded candidates that thrive off guest experience
- Be honest
- Be prepared to obtain a RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) if you don’t already hold one – you will need this if you are serving alcohol as part of your role
- Share your thoughts and ideas on sustainability – Spicers sees that the protection and beautification of Australia’s flora and fauna is of the utmost importance for future generations to experience and therefore are committed to investing to protect and showcase our great land. Share your passion for sustainability!
Our recruitment process generally reflects the below, however may be altered to suit the needs of the business:
- Applications submitted through the Spicers recruitment portal
- Shortlisted applicants are contacted
- Phone interview is conducted
- Successful applicants will progress to face to face interview or skype if required
- You may be required to attend a second round interview, depending on the position
- Trial shift conducted (depending on position requirements)
- Right to work in Australia confirmed
- Reference Checks performed
- Validation of Certificates / Qualifications (depending on position requirements)
- Online Assessment (depending on position requirements)
- Successful candidates receive offer of Employment, complete Onboarding and commence training.
- Unsuccessful Candidates receive notification of application outcome.
Will you let me know when a job has been filled?
Yes, you will be notified if the position has been filled. Sometimes we receive a very high volume of applications and the position may have been filled before we got to view yours. We will let you know and will encourage you to re-apply for similar positions in the future
I have previously applied/interviewed and wasn’t selected. Can I re-apply?
Yes, you can re-apply for positions as many times as you like. You may speak with a HR/Recruitment representative to gain further information on how to improve your application. Please note, most positions do however require relevant experience in the field
When can I expect to hear about my application outcome?
We expect our recruitment processes to take approx. 15 – 25 days, however this is subject to change depending on the demands of the business
Can I apply for multiple jobs?
Yes, you can submit as many applications as you like through our recruitment portal. Your application will be considered for most relevant skill match and experience
Do I need qualifications?
This is dependent on the position you are applying for. Any relevant qualifications are desired but not essential. Some positions however do have minimum requirements, for example: Commis Chef and higher require a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
How many people will be at my interview?
You can expect anywhere from 1 to 3 people to be at your interview, this depends on the position. You will be informed prior of who is conducting your interview if your application progresses.
Will I be required to attend a trial?
Yes, if you are successful from interview you can expect to be asked to attend a trial, depending on the position and the requirements of the role. More commonly we conduct a trial for Operations positions like Housekeeping, Chef’s, and Food and Beverage.
What will I be paid?
Pay rates will vary depending on your role, type of contract and experience. Spicers Retreats pays the majority of their Team Members under the Hospitality Industry (General Award) 2010 and Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010. You can also visit www.fairwork.gov.au
What should I wear to interview?
Dress for the workplace, be neat and tidy. Remove any excessive piercings. You may be advised what to wear depending on the position. Clarify with Recruitment if you are unsure.
Am I provided with a uniform?
Yes, if successful for the position, you will be provided with Spicers shirts, trousers, skirts and aprons.
Is Team Member accommodation available?
Accommodation is available at three of our Queensland locations. Spicers Hidden Vale, Spicers Peak Lodge and Spicers Scenic Rim Trail. Currently accommodation is only offered to full time permanent team members. Your Recruitment Team will discuss this with you in the process.
Equal Opportunity & Diversity
Spicers Retreats is committed to a policy of EEO and actively pursues steps to identify and eliminate any forms of bullying, discrimination, harassment, victimisation and vilification. This behaviour is unlawful conduct as per Commonwealth and State legislation. Spicers Retreats can also be held vicariously liable for Team Member’s conduct.
Spicers Retreats is committed to supporting and implementing diversity throughout our brand. We support the attraction and retention of a diverse workforce and embrace unique global cultures. Diversity is a strength of our business, employing staff from all over the world reflecting a contemporary and multicultural Australia.