- Attach your most current resume, ensuring it is an accurate representation of your career to date
- Accurately respond to all job application questions
- Provide accurate contact details – this includes your email address and mobile number
- Detail your relevant experience and highlight any achievements – be proud of what you have achieved and tell us all about it!
- Be presentable and punctual to interview – remember, hospitality is a guest facing industry. We take pride in our appearance.
- Be prepared to provide examples that you have been involved in that demonstrate your skills and experience – this could include situations or projects you have been involved in
- Be knowledgeable, prepare yourself and gain knowledge on Spicers Retreats. Research and learn who we are and what you know about the brand
- Express your passion! We LOVE to hear how much you enjoy your work as much as we do! We love listening to like minded candidates that thrive off guest experience
- Be honest
- Be prepared to obtain a RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) if you don’t already hold one – you will need this if you are serving alcohol as part of your role
- Share your thoughts and ideas on sustainability – Spicers sees that the protection and beautification of Australia’s flora and fauna is of the utmost importance for future generations to experience and therefore are committed to investing to protect and showcase our great land. Share your passion for sustainability!
Our recruitment process generally reflects the below, however may be altered to suit the needs of the business:
- Applications submitted through the Spicers recruitment portal
- Shortlisted applicants are contacted
- Phone interview is conducted
- Successful applicants will progress to face to face interview or skype if required
- You may be required to attend a second round interview, depending on the position
- Trial shift conducted (depending on position requirements)
- Right to work in Australia confirmed
- Reference Checks performed
- Validation of Certificates / Qualifications (depending on position requirements)
- Online Assessment (depending on position requirements)
- Successful candidates receive offer of Employment, complete Onboarding and commence training.
- Unsuccessful Candidates receive notification of application outcome.
Spicers Retreats is committed to a policy of EEO and actively pursues steps to identify and eliminate any forms of bullying, discrimination, harassment, victimisation and vilification. This behaviour is unlawful conduct as per Commonwealth and State legislation. Spicers Retreats can also be held vicariously liable for Team Member’s conduct.
Spicers Retreats is committed to supporting and implementing diversity throughout our brand. We support the attraction and retention of a diverse workforce and embrace unique global cultures. Diversity is a strength of our business, employing staff from all over the world reflecting a contemporary and multicultural Australia.