Kick up your city heels or dust off your country boots and join us for a gourmet paddock-to-plate food celebration at our retreat just over an hour from Brisbane. Gather your friends and enjoy our warm country hospitality – toasty braziers, snug blankets and cozy chairs in the crisp winter air – and indulge in our chef-hatted dining experience celebrating local produce and wines. Experience the newly rebuilt Homestead, full of rich history and modern luxury.
Delight in a gourmet paddock-to-plate lunch feast created by Hidden Vale Executive Chef Ash Martin and Head Chef Simon Furley to showcase food and wines from local producers and Hidden Vale’s own market garden, orchard, and beehives.
At this event we are partnering with Outback Futures as we celebrate our Queensland farmers and producers, we’ll also take a look over the back fence into outback Queensland and the mental health and suicide crisis gripping young people, families and communities. You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Outback Futures and long term, intergenerational change in mental health and wellbeing outcomes for outback Queenslanders.
Price for the event is $150 per person including a 7 course Homage food trail and four alcoholic beverages.
Call 1300 179 340 or email [email protected] to book.
On the day enjoy:
- Chatting with chefs Ash and Simon, and the Spicers food and wine team about the menu, ingredients from local producers, and their favourite wine pairings as they serve you.
- Breathe in the fresh country air as you wander through the lunch serving tables nestled among Hidden Vale’s market garden, barn, smoke house and historical cottages.
- Linger in the elegant beauty of Hidden Vale’s newly rebuilt Homestead with her stone fireplaces, comfy chairs and expansive country views as you enjoy dessert and coffee.
- Get caught up in the excitement of an outback auction…but you’ll have to be quick to understand our auctioneer’s lingo and snap up something special!
- Hear stories from the Outback Futures team who work with outback Queensland children, families and communities.
How can I get there?
Drive: From Brisbane’s western suburbs, it will take you approximately 1 hour to drive to Spicers Hidden Vale. You will be driving only on sealed roads, and plenty of parking is available on site.
Bus: You can purchase a seat on our event bus, leaving Graceville at 10.30am and returning to Graceville by 6.00pm. Cost is $25 for a return trip on the event bus. You can choose this option when you purchase your event ticket.