Refer to your itinerary for meeting point information. Location will be either at our property at Clumber or Tregony.
Luggage will be transferred into the trailer and once the group has all assembled we will depart in our vehicles to the start of our guided walk.
Facilities at Spicers Canopy
Spicers Canopy Luxury Tents has the following facilities & amenities:
- 10 safari style tents that can be made as king or twin bedding
- Communal lounge with stone fire place and open kitchen
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Outdoor plunge pool style hot tub
- Bean bags
- Woodfire pizza oven
- Outdoor fire pit
- Games including archery, volleyball, board games
- Communal bathroom facilities with 4 toilets and 3 showers (frequent sanitising schedule)
- Hair dryer in bathroom
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash & moisturiser is provided
- All linens and bath towels are provided
- 8000 acres of space
Phone service is limited with Telstra having a good signal. We have a Telstra communal phone at the lodge should you be with another service provider and need to provide a contact number and/or make calls.
Technology & devices
The Spicers Canopy Family Adventure is designed to connect you and your family with nature and have a break from technology. We ask that iPads or similar gaming devices are saved for use in your tents and not in the communal lounge. Kids often enjoy taking photos of nature as do adults so that is to be encouraged.
Weather & winter/summer
Maryvale is the closest region for weather forecasts. In winter temperatures can drop below 5 degrees at night so warm clothes are highly recommended. If the temperatures are forecasted to be low you may wish to consider a warm balaclava from stores like Anaconda as your face may get cold while the rest of your body is nice and warm under the duvet.
In summer the evenings are still relatively cool where as days can be warm. Cool clothing and sun protective wear are required ie: hats, suncream and sun glasses. Hiking starts earlier in the day to make use of the cooler morning and the hot tub is set to cold for a refreshing dip.
What meals are included in the Family Adventure?
All your meals are included on the Family Adventure:
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Sunset drinks & canapes
With fresh fruit and snacks available at all times if you are hungry.
My child is a simple eater can you cater to them?
We provide simple alternatives to meals for kids who prefer simple tastes this might be sausages for dinner or ham salad wraps for lunch. Some kids prefer it really simple like a vegemite sandwich for lunch, we can happily cater for this just let us know in advance.
What drinks are included?
A selection of beverages are included:
- Tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Soft drink – Coke, Coke Zero & Lemonade
- Apple and orange juice
- Beer and wine are included with lunch, sunset drinks & dinner – Lager full or mid-strength, Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, Rose or Australian Sparkling
If you would like to purchase additional beverages you can do so at your leisure and just make a note in our book. You can finalise your bill on your final morning.
What safety gear do the guides carry?
Our guides have current first aid certificates and carry the following:
- Radio devices & Garmin SOS devices
- Extensive first aid kit including snake bite kit
- Extra water and a space blanket
What happens if I need to go to the toilet while bush walking?
This is very natural and it’s likely that you or your child will need to go to the toilet. Just let one of our guides know and walk into the bush to find a comfortable & private place.
We don’t want toilet paper littering our natural environment so it is only provided for a ‘number two’ situation where we have a toilet kit with shovel and toilet paper.
If needing to do a number two in the bush you dig a hole as deep as the shovel place toilet paper in when done and bury it.
Toilets are located at the start of the trails.
What should we pack?
Here are a list of recommended items for you to consider. Note you are staying in a beautifully remote location with no access to shops.
32l back pack for parents
2 x 1L water bottle per back pack
Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, moisturiser
All linens and towels
Hiking shoes or runners with decent grip
Thongs / flip flops for the communal showers (optional)
Lightweight long pants and/or shorts
Lightweight shirts – long or short sleeves however no singlet tops for sun safety
Jeans or similar for evening
Fleece jumper or similar
Warm light weight insulated jacket
Long winter pajamas, bed socks & dressing gown for kids
Underwear, socks & slippers such as ugg boots
Beanie, neck warmer, gloves, balaclava & thermals when low temperatures are forecast and if you feel the cold
Hat, sunglasses & neck gaiter (optional)
Swimmers for hot tub
PERSONAL MEDICAL KIT
Our guides & the camp has a first aid kit however we can’t administer general medication so you may like to consider a personal medical kit.
Asthma puffer if required
Pain relief – ibuprofen/paracetamol
Antihistamine for allergies if prone
Antacid for indigestion
Toothbrush, toothpaste & dental floss
Hair brush & hair ties
Personal hand sanitiser
Lip balm with SPF
Tweezers & nail clippers
What is your COVID safe plan?
All of our team have been trained on our COVID safe practices which include:
- Staying home if unwell – both employees and guests
- If you are unwell we will transfer your booking you to a later date at no cost
- Frequent washing of hands and practicing good personal hygiene
- Sanitising of surfaces in communal areas is done frequently and routinely e.g.: coffee table, door handles, basins
- Showers will need to be sanitised after use so please advise a team member when you have finsihed (note this is not required for families from the same household)
- Hand sanitiser is provided in the communal lounge and in vehicles
- Guests are asked to sanitise their hands when getting into vehicles
- Awareness of social distancing and maintaining a 1.5m distance where practical to do so
- Adhering to current legislative requirements regarding public gathering numbers – currently 20 in QLD plus staff
- Please practice good hygiene standards yourself such as washing your hands frequently