Be inspired with an active holiday in a place of incredible beauty.
- 2-nights staying at Spicers Canopy Luxury Tents
- 2 days of guided walking
- All nourishing meals
- All beverages including a selection of alcohol
- Luggage transferred to camp
From $1,490 per person twin share
Single share $1,690
Your journey starts at the meeting point on our private property at 7791 Cunningham Highway, Clumber, 4309. If you have chosen to self-drive, please make your way to the above address to meet the group and your Scenic Rim Trail guides by 8am on the morning of your walk departure. If you have pre-booked a transfer from Spicers Balfour Hotel, please be ready for a 6.30am departure.
Distance | 12km
Difficulty | Moderate
Today’s hike takes you over the Great Dividing Range, enjoying beautiful views of the mountains as you traverse Mount Mathieson. The first half of the day includes a 480m ascent with some steep and rocky sections.
We relish our time in the rainforest taking it slow through this relatively small outcrop of Gondwana Rainforest. Once we emerge we join historic Spicers Gap Road that takes us all the way to Spicers Peak Nature Refuge following farm roads and the creek line into camp.
After a well earned shower, spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing in your glamping style tent or enjoy a soak in the outdoor hot tub, a beautiful spot for sunset.
A three course dinner will be served in the main lodge at 6pm. Enjoy some fireside chatting after dinner or head outside and marvel at the stars if the night is clear.
Distance | 15km
Difficulty | Moderate to Hard
Your path today has only been travelled by a select few. On this journey we hope you make lasting discoveries and connections with the natural world and those around you.
Walking out of camp we cross through the farm fields before descending into Oakey Creek. We follow the creek before starting our ascent up the ridgeline, keeping our eyes and ears peeled for the endangered Glossy Black Cockatoo that is known to frequent the area.
Using a combination of trails and farm roads to reach a remote section of the Main Range National Park we put our fitness to the test as we climb higher along the ridge and over rocky outcrops before resting for lunch where we are afforded stunning views of the valley below. This lookout point is named ‘Cooyoonirra’.
Learning about fire ecology you will see first hand how this landscape has recovered from the bush fires in 2019. Some areas still bare the blackened scars of that time.
Depending on the conditions of the trail the guides will have advised whether you will be walking through to Peak or hiking back to Canopy before driving to Peak for afternoon tea. The trail into Peak is graded hard and may be closed due to erosion and/or conditions.
The celebratory dinner is your chance to relish in the achievement of the last two days and cement the lasting friendships forged out of a shared experience.
Enjoy a leisurely morning with an 8am cooked breakfast. Relax on your deck or in the lodge before your 10am tranfser back to your vehicle or the transfer collection point.
While you are in the region we encourage you to explore more of the area, click here to see the Destination Scenic Rim website for inspiration.
Fri 5 Oct | 2-day Walk | Limited Availability
Fri 22 Oct | 2-day Walk | Limited Availability
Fri 29 Oct | 2-day Walk | Limited Availability
Fri 5 Nov | 2-day Walk | 4 Spots
Fri 18 Mar | 2-day Walk
Fri 25 Mar | 2-day Walk
Fri 08 Apr | 2-day Walk
Fri 6 May | 2-day Walk
Fri 20 May | 2-day Walk
Sat 4 Jun | 2-day Walk
Fri 24 Jun | 2-day Walk
Fri 1 Jul | 2-day Walk
Sat 23 Jul | 2-day Walk
Fri 29 Jul | 2-day Walk
Sat 6 Aug | 2-day Walk
Fri 12 Aug | 2-day Walk
Sat 20 Aug | 2-day Walk
Sat 27 Aug | 2-day Walk
Sat 3 Sep | 2-day Walk
Sat 10 Sep | 2-day Walk
Sat 17 Sep | 2-day Walk
Sat 24 Sep | 2-day Walk
Sat 8 Oct | 2-day Walk
Sat 15 Oct | 2-day Walk
Sat 22 Oct | 2-day Walk
Sat 29 Oct | 2-day Walk
Sat 12 Nov | 2-day Walk
Sat 19 Nov | 2-day Walk
Helpful tips & information
- Click here for a downloadable packing list
- The 2-day walk departs weekly on a Friday or alternatively on a Saturday
- A good level of fitness and stability is required
- The trails are Grade 4 and Grade 5 (see grading reference)
- We walk in the rain so a quality rain jacket is recommended
- Sometimes trails walked may change due to weather or conditions. Your guides will advise you if any changes are required.
- Spicers Canopy Luxury Tents offers glamping-style tents with shared bathroom facilities
- Allergies and dietaries can be catered for please advise on your medical waiver form
- During the warmer months walks will depart earlier in the morning
- Alcohol is included – wine, beer, gin & whiskey. Responsible service of alcohol applies
- Transfers can be arranged from Spicers Balfour in New Farm Brisbane or to/from the airport. Pre- or post-tour accommodation can be booked at Spicers Balfour or Spicers Peak Lodge, our reservations team will be happy to assist.