May 29, 2019
Too often, we put ourselves about six rungs too far down the priority list.
We become busy with life, our family and work and forget to take time our to recharge and rejuvenate.
With the cooler months now here, when better to put some me or us time into the diary. Here are 9 excuses to justify treating yourself this winter:
1. Winter dries out your skin, so it’s the perfect time to shout yourself a spa treatment. A full body wrap prevents you from putting up with itchy skin for the whole season and stops you forking out cash on extra moisturisers – so you’re basically saving money in the long run. The Spa Anise day spa, located at six Spicers Retreats, include a range of body exfoliants and other relaxing treatments for you to indulge in this winter.
2. It’s cold, and you need to get warm. What better way to do so than by booking a stay in a welcoming, warm and luxurious suite with its own crackling fireplace and heated marble bathroom? Check out the various Spicers Retreats and find your perfect match.
3. As well as helping you relax, reduce stress and sleep better, soaking in a spa or hot bath can stimulate your body’s natural production of white blood cells, aiding its ability to fight off infections and viruses, which as we all know are far too common in winter. They can also relieve pain in aching joints and muscles.
4. It’s a well-known fact that you get hungrier in cold weather, making it the ideal time to indulge in a long lunch or tasting degustation dining experience at one of the eight award-winning Spicers restaurants, all offering a different cuisine and cooking style, accompanied by matching red wine of course!
5. When you are eating all this extra food, you may be prone to an extra kilo or two, so it’s good to balance it out with a bit of enjoyable exercise. It could be a weekend hiking through Australia’s beautiful countryside, a game of tennis, or a round of golf. Works wonders for the soul.
6. It’s not too hot. One of the best things about winter is that the lower temperatures make it far more amenable to engage in activities such as those listed above than in the thick of summer.
7. It’s easier to spot wildlife. In summer, it can be hard to see native animals during hikes and other excursions as they take shelter under thick foliage. In winter, you’re far more likely to have a fulfilling nature experience and spy wallabies, kangaroos and other fauna. The Spicers Scenic Rim Trail 2 day Guided Walk in the Scenic Rim region of Queensland is a perfect active winter weekend escape.
8. It’s a good time to be indoors learning new things. As great as it is being outdoors exploring, there are also times you just want to huddle inside out of the elements. So why not sign up and do that cooking class you’ve always talked about? Spicers Tamarind’s cooking school is the perfect place to start.
9. It’s a good time to catch up on reading. There’s nothing better than cosying up with a good book on a cold, gloomy day. Even better if you can do it in front of an open fireplace and a bar, like the one at Spicers Hidden Vale at Grandchester, just a one-hour drive from Brisbane, or Spicers Clovelly on the Sunshine Coast which has its own library.
Words by Angela Saurine