Government restrictions relating to the current COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in many operational changes for us. You can find more information regarding how we are operating at this time here.
December 20, 2017
1. To prep apple combine sugar, 2/3 of the dessert wine and ¼ cup of water in a frying pan and cook for 4-5 min or until dark golden, add cream and butter and cook for another min or until combined.
2. Add apple, stir to coat and cook till tender. Add the remaining wine mix till combined and chill.
3. For the crumble mix all ingredients in a bowl, place on a baking tray lined with paper and cook at 180 degrees till golden.
4. For the ice cream bring milk. Cream and cinnamon quills to the boil in a pot, stand for 10 minutes to infuse.
5. Whisk egg yolks and sugars in a bowl and pour cream mixture in and whisk till combined, place on the stove and cook gently till the mix coats the back of a spoon and chill in the fridge.
6. Freeze in ice cream machine, then mix apples and crumble mix through before placing into freezer and enjoy after Christmas lunch!
12 Days of Christmas
Food, wine and travel inspiration, event announcements and our latest offers delivered straight to your inbox.