French Toast with Chocolate Ganache and Sour Cherries
|1 can sour cherries in wine syrup||4 slices brioche bread|
|70g cream||4 eggs, beaten|
|40g dark chocolate||1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|60g milk chocolate||1/2 orange zest|
|10g butter||3 tsp cinnamon sugar|
|30ml of Hot Water||1 tbsp oil|
1. In a saucepan, heat cream on a medium heat
2. When the cream is warm, pour over chocolate and butter and stir through, add boiling water and mix until well combined
3. Place in the fridge to set
4. Combine beaten egg with vanilla, orange zest and cinnamon sugar and soak brioche in the mixture
5. Cook brioche in a heated pan with butter and oil on medium allow to brown the flip over and repeat.
6. Place bread on paper towel to drain
7. Serve with a spoon full of ganache and a spoonful of cherries.
Marie’s tip: Ice Cream or whipped cream is a a great extra special treat if you like.