|1kg beef rump cap|
|1/2 cup honey|
|5 tablespoons of soy sauce (you can use a gf soy)|
|2 tbsp fish sauce|
1. Arrange the meat flat on a tray and freeze until firm, when meat is ready make sure you trim it of any fat, then slice along the grain 6mm thick into strips. Use a meat slicer if you have one but make sure to try and be as uniform as possible.
2. Combine the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add some chilli flakes if you like a little kick, place beef in the marinade and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.
3. The following day place meat in a colander and strain off liquid.
4. Turn your oven on to 70 degrees, or set a dehydrator. Make sure to spray your oven racks with a non-stick spray and remove any excess marinade from the beef. Also line the bottom of your oven with foil to catch the drips, arrange beef horizontally across the racks making sure the beef isn’t touching.
5. Dehydrate beef in oven, if you are using a dehydrator for about three hours, the beef should be dry and shrivelled. Make sure it gives a little when bent as you don’t want it to be brittle.
6. Remove any extra moisture with paper towels and cool completely before storing.