April 7, 2017
Green Curry Paste Ingredients:
1. In a small pan over medium heat, roast white peppercorns, coriander and cumin to release the fragrance, then grind the spices in a mortar and pestle until smooth.
2. Place the ground spices into a separate bowl with the microplaned nutmeg.
3. Now pound the galangal with a pinch of salt until completely smooth.
4. Continuing this method add one at a time the lemongrass, chilli’s, coriander root, garlic, grachai and lime zest.
5. Finish by adding shrimp paste, turmeric and toasted spices and then set the curry paste aside.
1.In saucepan, over low heat, fry oil and curry paste until fragrant and the oil is released. Season with fish sauce and palm sugar.
2. Add chilli, lime leaves, eggplant, daikon and fold into paste. Add coconut milk and bring to a slow simmer for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add fish and bamboo slices to curry sauce and cook for approx 4 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
4. Reduce heat, fold through Thai basil leaves and serve.
Food, wine and travel inspiration, event announcements and our latest offers delivered straight to your inbox.