December 22, 2017
1. In a mortar and pestle pound all the ingredients together and rub into the whole chicken.
2. Heat a medium sized fry pan and place the chicken breast side down and cook until golden around 3 minutes, do the same thing on both sides of the chook.
3. Place the hay into the large cast iron pot and sit the chicken on top making a little well so the hay is covering around ¾ of the chicken.
4. Place lid onto the pot and put in the oven on 200 degrees for 2 hours.
5. After the two hours let the chicken rest for 20 mins then carve and eat!
12 Days of Christmas
Food, wine and travel inspiration, event announcements and our latest offers delivered straight to your inbox.
To stay up to date, make sure your signed up to our mailing list