Marriage is such a special occasion. It’s a time for love, connection, promises and everlasting memories. When you look back at the photos of your wedding day you want to remember what it felt like in that moment; the sights, the sounds, the smells. You want to be transported back to that special day. That’s why finding the perfect location to share your vows is so important.
Spicers Retreats are as unique as you are. Each has its own flair, its own personality and its own incredible locale. You can be whisked away in French inspired gardens, get lost in the rolling hills of the countryside, lose your breath at the views overlooking the QLD Ranges or find yourself wandering among the vines with your soul mate.
Every retreat offers something a little different, because every bride and every groom is different and so is their idea of the perfect wedding. One thing you can be sure of no matter which property you choose to tie the knot, no matter the style of wedding you desire – is the magic and beauty of the location itself. And we all know the location is what lends itself to the most memorable keepsakes; the photos.
Our properties share some of their top photo spots with you.
Spicers Hidden Vale, Grandchester QLD
- The Barn – the original rustic barn on the property has been renovated and opened up but it still keeps the original feel and look. The wooden walls and stone fireplace, leather chairs all combine to compliment the brides white wedding dress perfectly.
- In the paddocks – at sunset the expanse of the grassy paddocks against a dramatic sky look amazing.
- The Lagoon Pool – overlooking the rolling countryside, our Lagoon Pool seemingly flows into the views and is complemented by wooden jetties, rocks and lush green grass.
- In the Stockyards – keeping with the true farming feel of the property, the old wooden stockyards provide a gorgeous backdrop
- Next to one of our towering fig trees – the fig trees scattered around the property offer ambience and depending on the season, are covered in leaves or surrounded by autumn colours.
Spicers Peak Lodge, Maryvale QLD
- By the Infinity pool – you can overlook the stunning homestead in one direction, or incredible mountain views in the other.
- On the jetty – by the pond you have views back to the homestead and across expansive pastures.
- Beside the striking bluestone fireplace – this is also a very popular ceremony location in the main lodge.
- On the lawn – with panoramic mountain views in all directions of mountain ranges, bushland and green pastures.
- At one of the lookouts – Peak Lodge is lucky enough to have a range of lookouts over different parts of the mountain ranges and they make for stunning photo backdrops.
Spicers Balfour Hotel, Brisbane QLD
- The Frangipani courtyard – a stunning outdoor courtyard filled with blooming frangipanis makes for a beautiful photo location. It is also a popular ceremony location.
- The rooftop bar – a semi outdoor terrace with views overlooking Brisbane city, this is a stylish spot for photos (and a sneaky glass of champagne)
- New Farm Park – located nearby, this is a popular choice for couples who want an outdoor setting for their photos.
Spicers Clovelly Estate, Montville QLD
- Under the jacaranda tree – located next to the main house and Long Apron Restaurant, the purple foliage of this larger than life Jacaranda tree creates a stunning backdrop for photos.
- On the Lake Deck – overlooking lush green forest.
- On the lawns – with expansive lawns and beautiful French inspired gardens, there are plenty of perfect picture places throughout the property’s grounds.
- In front of the villas or main lodge – French inspired décor makes for stunning photos both inside and outside of your villa or the main lodge.
- By the pool – the pool is accessed through beautiful gardens with views looking out over the manicured grounds.
Spicers Tamarind Retreat, Maleny QLD
- On the lawns – the picturesque 18 acre property has expansive, manicured lawns with stunning outlooks and a rainforest or bushland backdrop.
- Beside the ‘egg chair’ – a romantic spot by an old fig tree, perfect for photos with your newlywed.
- Among the calm and seclusion of the beautiful gardens – surrounded by the pristine beauty of the sub-tropical rainforest, providing a magical space for you to exchange vows and a stunning backdrop for wedding photographs.
- In the serene outdoor/indoor spaces of the Sala Room or Tamarind Restaurant – with Thai inspired décor and an ambient outdoor garden and pond.
Spicers Vineyards Estate, Hunter Valley NSW
- Among the vines – stroll through some of the oldest vines in the region, the green foliage makes for a beautiful photo backdrop.
- The spacious grounds – offering beautiful old gum trees, eight acres of vineyard and views of the Brokenback mountain range, providing the perfect backdrop for exchanging vows and your wedding photography.
- Within Restaurant Botanica – With an expansive all weather veranda and the main dining room, the restaurant overlooks the properties private vineyard and has been recently renovated.
- By the pool – with views over NSW bushland and a stunning rock wall backdrop, the pool area is a popular spot for wedding photos.
For more information on weddings at one of our unique Spicers Retreats, visit www.spicersretreats.com or call 1300 272 897.