Summer Star – Harvey Hoffman: Spicers Balfour Hotel
|6 white grapes|
|2 star anise|
|2 slices of grapefruit|
|Dessert spoon of white sugar|
|60 ml of vodka (optional to use flavoured or infused vodka)|
|15 ml of lemon juice|
1. Muddle grapes, 1 slice of grapefruit, 1 Star anise and sugar together in Boston shaker. Add lemon juice and vodka.
2. Crush up ice and add to rocks glass.
3. Add ice cubes to Boston shaker and shake well.
4. Double strain into rocks glass with crushed ice in it.
5. Garnish with grapefruit slice + star anise.
Homage Harvest – Cameilla Goon: Spicers Hidden Vale
|20 ml fresh orange juice|
|20 ml fresh lime juice|
|45 ml lavender infused Tanqueray gin|
|15-20 ml simple syrup|
|half teaspoon beetroot power|
1. Rub rim of chosen glassware with fresh orange wedge and rim with brown sugar.
2. Shake all ingredients over ice, taste ensuring all ingredients balance.
3. Double strain into coupe glass (if not available martini glass is fine).
Sangoma Sling – Matt Ostrenski: Spicers Sangoma Retreat
|30ml Wattle seed Gin|
|30ml Strawberry liquor|
|120ml strawberry syrup as above|
|3 eucalyptus leaves|
|2 lime cheeks (caramelised)|
|200ml lemon juice|
|200ml orange juice|
|300ml sugar syrup|
|500g frozen strawberries (defrosted) blend together and pass through sieve|
1. Cover ice in boston glass with ingredients then shake well
2. Serve with caramelised lime and eucalyptus leaves