Application Hints and Tips
- Attach your most current resume, ensuring it is an accurate representation of your career and achievements to date and up-to-date contact details
- Respond to all job application questions
- Be presentable and punctual – remember, hospitality is a guest facing industry. We take pride in our appearance
- Be prepared to provide examples that demonstrate your skills and experience
- Be prepared and gain knowledge on Spicers Retreats
- Express your passion! We LOVE to hear how much you enjoy your work as much as we do
- Be honest
- Be prepared to obtain a RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) if you don’t already hold one – you will need this if you are serving alcohol as part of your role
- Share your ideas on sustainability – Spicers knows the protection of our flora and fauna is of the utmost importance for future generations. Share your passion for sustainability!
Our Recruitment Process
Our recruitment process generally reflects the below, however, may be altered to suit the needs of the business:
- Applications submitted through the Spicers recruitment portal
- Shortlisted applicants are contacted
- The phone interview is conducted
- Successful applicants will progress to face to face interviews or skype if required
- You may be required to attend a second-round interview, depending on the position
- Trial shift conducted (depending on position requirements)
- Right to work in Australia confirmed
- Reference checks performed
- Validation of certificates/qualifications (depending on position requirements)
- Online assessment (depending on position requirements)
- Successful candidates receive an offer of employment, complete onboarding and commence training.
- Unsuccessful Candidates receive notification of application outcome.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Spicers Retreats is committed to a policy of EEO and actively pursues steps to identify and eliminate any forms of bullying, discrimination, harassment, victimisation and vilification. This behaviour is unlawful conduct as per Commonwealth and State legislation. Spicers Retreats can also be held vicariously liable for Team Member’s conduct.
Spicers Retreats is committed to supporting and implementing diversity throughout our brand. We support the attraction and retention of a diverse workforce and embrace unique global cultures. Diversity is a strength of our business, employing staff from all over the world reflecting a contemporary and multicultural Australia.