Learning and Development
Our Spicerians (Team Members) are what sets us apart from the rest!
We love our people and so do our guests. We are proud to deliver an authentic guest experience that goes above the level of everyone else in the industry – we love what we do!
We achieve this in many ways, including a focus on developing our team members in the areas they’re interested in. This ensure they are constantly developing and meeting their aspirations and goals.
We do this through:
- Future Leaders Program – STAR Anise – a year-long program focusing on leadership; emotional intelligence; how to run a profitable business; communication and teamwork; and business skills.
- Career Pathways – for team members interested in working in a different department; position; promotion; or relocation – we have set pathways for movement when opportunities become available. It is really up to you where your Spicers journey takes you!
- Constant on the job training to both become experts and up-skill in their positions
- Wine knowledge including training provided through Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
- Barista skills
- Cocktail making
- Food Tours
- Sampling the industry’s best for food and beverage and service
- External courses, memberships and studies